The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-5) travel to No. 13 North Carolina to play the Tar Heels (11-2) in what should be a high-scoring game. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Betting Preview
In the Demon Deacons last outing, they were blown out by the No. 21 Tennessee Volunteers, 79-60. With 18 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Keyshawn Woods was the top scorer from either team. Tennessee had an effective field goal percentage of 0.607 (above their season average of 0.504). Wake Forest, meanwhile, held the Volunteers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 37.0).
The Tar Heels come in on a high note after defeating the Ohio State Buckeyes in their last game, 86-72. North Carolina’s Luke Maye had a solid performance, contributing nine points and 10 rebounds. North Carolina played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0 (below their season average of 36.6) and a free throw rate of 0.368 (above their season average of 0.254). For those same stats, Ohio State was 9.1 and 0.254, respectively.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s premier offenses battle. North Carolina currently ranks 57th with 114.1 points per 100 possessions and Wake Forest is 55th (114.3). Moreover, the Demon Deacons rank 17th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.316), while the Tar Heels rank 15th in opponents FTA rate (0.160).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Tar Heels won the sole game last season, 93-87. North Carolina had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.2 vs. 31.7). Wake Forest, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (20-28; 71.4 percent).
Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. North Carolina Tar Heels ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wake Forest, ATS Winner – Wake Forest, O/U – Over
- The Demon Deacons average 20.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 188th in the NCAA. The Tar Heels rank 241st in three pointers allowed per game (26.8).
- Wake Forest ranks 88th in steals per game (6.8) while North Carolina ranks 92nd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- North Carolina ranks sixth in rebounds per game (43.8) while Wake Forest ranks 166th (35.2).
- The Tar Heels average 18.2 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. The Demon Deacons rank 170th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Wake Forest ranks 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while North Carolina ranks 154th (4.7).
- The Tar Heels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 14.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Demon Deacons have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average).