NEC foes will battle when the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (4-9, 1-0 NEC) go head-to-head against the Wagner Seahawks (7-4, 1-0 NEC) at Peter Aquilone Court. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Wagner Seahawks at St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers Odds Preview
The last time the Seahawks played, they dismantled the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers, 76-57. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Wagner’s Elijah Davis played well. The Seahawks, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.6, had a phenomenal mark of 50.0 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.479).
The Terriers hope to maintain momentum after topping the Sacred Heart Pioneers in their last contest, 73-68. With 16 points on 6-for-17 shooting, Rasheem Dunn was St. Francis Brooklyn’s high scorer. St. Francis Brooklyn’s 8.2 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Sacred Heart, who had a mark of 20.2. The Terriers mark was better than their season average of 16.8.
The physical Wagner offense could be living from the charity stripe in this matchup. The Seahawks rank 12th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.320, while St. Francis Brooklyn is among the nations most foul-prone squads (giving up a 330th-ranked FTA rate of 0.312).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Seahawks won both games last season. In the last game, Wagner won 73-55. The Seahawks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.527. The Terriers were 26.5 and 0.360, respectively, for those same stats.
Wagner Seahawks vs. St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wagner, ATS Winner – Wagner, O/U – Under
- The Terriers allow the 26th-fewest three pointers per game (18.2) while the Seahawks rank 58th (19.9).
- Wagner is 46th in the NCAA with 5.4 steals allowed per game while St. Francis Brooklyn is 60th with 5.6 steals allowed per game.
- Wagner ranks 16th in rebounds per game (41.2) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 244th in rebounds allowed per game (40.0).
- The Seahawks rank 36th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Terriers rank 140th (2.8).
- Wagner ranks 142nd in assists per game (13.7) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 231st (11.2).
- The Terriers have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, St. Francis Brooklyn has been defeated by an average of 3.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average).