The Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (0-1) get their home schedule underway at Costello Athletic Center against the Wagner Seahawks (0-1). The game can be seen on ESPN 3 at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Wagner Seahawks vs. Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The River Hawks fell to the Massachusetts Minutemen, 83-75, while the Seahawks got blown out by the Seton Hall Pirates, 89-49.
Wagner had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 36.7) while Massachusetts-Lowell had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 17.1). Christian Lutete had a good outing for Massachusetts-Lowell, finishing with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wagner received a boost from AJ Sumbry, who had 12 points.
The Seahawks won the only game between these two teams last season, 90-72. The Seahawks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the River Hawks. Wagner had a rate of 29.6, while Massachusetts-Lowell posted a mark of 20.0.
The physical Massachusetts-Lowell offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the River Hawks rank 37th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.281, while Wagner has been among the country’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 347th-ranked FTA rate of 0.317). Also, the Seahawks could control the offensive glass in this matchup as they rank eighth in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.0 percent. The River Hawks, meanwhile, rank 309th at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 68.2 percent.
Wagner at Massachusetts-Lowell ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, ATS Winner – Massachusetts-Lowell, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Wagner ranks 33rd in rebounds per game (38.8) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 294th (32.4).
- The Seahawks rank 93rd in blocks per game (3.8) while the River Hawks rank 127th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 48th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Wagner ranks 62nd (19.8).
- The Seahawks rank 114th in steals per game (6.5) while the River Hawks rank 217th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Wagner averages 13.2 assists per game, which ranks 181st in the country. Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 224th in assists allowed per game (14.2).