The Dayton Flyers (5-6) will be at home in University of Dayton Arena when they clash against the Wagner Seahawks (6-3). Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
Wagner Seahawks vs. Dayton Flyers ATS Preview
The last time the Seahawks played, they were blown out by the No. 23 Seton Hall Pirates, 89-68. JoJo Cooper had a good game for Wagner, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Seton Hall had a free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.216). Wagner, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 17.5).
The Flyers are trying to rebound after their 69-54 loss to the Saint Mary’s Gaels in their last matchup. Xeyrius Williams led Dayton in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Saint Mary’s had a much better free throw rate (0.204 vs. 0.050). Dayton, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 19.0).
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nations top rebounding teams battle. Since the 2016-17 season, the Seahawks rank 29th in offensive rebounding percentage (39.4 percent), while Dayton ranks 47th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.0 percent).
Wagner Seahawks at Dayton Flyers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Dayton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seahawks rank 47th in steals per game (5.5) while the Flyers rank 144th (7.3).
- Wagner ranks 112th in three pointers attempted per game (19.5) while Dayton ranks 143rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- Wagner ranks 16th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Dayton ranks 220th (34.0).
- The Flyers rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while the Seahawks rank 160th (3.1).
- Wagner ranks 49th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Dayton ranks 156th (13.0).