The Davidson Wildcats (3-3) will be at home in Belk Arena when they clash against the VMI Keydets (3-4). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 146.5 points with Davidson opening as a 24.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
VMI Keydets at Davidson Wildcats Odds Preview
In the Keydets last contest, they were beaten by the Radford Highlanders, 63-50. Bubba Parham had a good game for VMI, leading both teams in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Radford held the Keydets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.380 (below their season average of 0.512). VMI, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (9-11; 81.8 percent).
The Wildcats are trying to rebound after their 85-75 loss to the No. 13 North Carolina Tar Heels in their last outing. Peyton Aldridge led Davidson in scoring with 22 points on 7-for-23 shooting. North Carolina had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 34.1). Davidson, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 12.3).
VMI could have a tough time creating turnovers. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Davidson ranks 44th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while VMI has forced the 184th-most turnovers (19.0 percent).
Of VMI’s 2 games that accepted bets, one have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of Davidson’s 5 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wildcats have a clear advantage. They are 3-3 SU and 3-2 ATS, while the Keydets are 3-4 SU and 0-2 ATS.
VMI Keydets at Davidson Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 178th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Keydets rank 269th (33.4).
- VMI ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Davidson ranks 129th (3.3).
- Davidson ranks 21st in assists per game (16.5) while VMI ranks 254th (12.0).
- The Keydets rank 132nd in steals per game (6.5) while the Wildcats rank 266th (5.1).
- Davidson ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while VMI ranks 113th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4).