The VMI Keydets (2-2) will travel to Bender Arena to challenge the American University Eagles (1-3) in their home opener. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
VMI Keydets vs. American University Eagles Odds Preview
The last time the Keydets played, they were victorious over the Ohio Valley Fighting Scots, 81-66. Bubba Parham was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 8-for-16 shooting. VMI played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.3 (better than their season average of 25.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 31.2). For those same stats, Ohio Valley was 28.2 and 19.4, respectively.
The Eagles hope to maintain momentum after defeating the New Hampshire Wildcats in their last contest, 74-70. American University rallied around Saeed Nelson, who was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 8-for-20 shooting. American University played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 23.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.528 (above their season average of 0.474). New Hampshire was 17.2 and 0.456, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be an error-filled game for the VMI offense. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, VMI ranks 254th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of American University has forced the 85th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.4 percent).
VMI Keydets vs. American University Eagles Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – American University, ATS Winner – American University, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Keydets rank 117th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Eagles rank 233rd (2.6).
- American University ranks 131st in assists allowed per game (12.9) while VMI ranks 245th (14.5).
- VMI ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while American University ranks 260th (18.6).
- The Eagles rank 79th in steals per game (6.9) while the Keydets rank 256th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- American University ranks 103rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while VMI ranks 245th (37.0).