The Saint Louis Billikens (2-0) and the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-0) face off in the 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Saint Louis Billikens Odds Preview
In the Hokies last game, they had no trouble getting past the Citadel Bulldogs, 132-93. With 22 points, 15 rebounds and eight assists, Virginia Techs Kerry Blackshear Jr. had a solid performance. Virginia Tech dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 and a free throw rate of 0.343. For those same stats, Citadel was 17.0 and 0.167, respectively.
The Billikens come in on a high note after dismantling the Rockhurst Hawks in their last outing, 74-50. Hasahn French fueled Saint Louis with 13 points and eight rebounds. Saint Louis dominated every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.409 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8. For those same stats, Rockhurst was 0.075 and 19.4, respectively.
Saint Louis may have trouble getting to the free throw line in this meeting. The Billikens rank 228th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.237, while Virginia Tech ranks 35th in FTA rate allowed (0.197) since last season.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Saint Louis Billikens Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Virginia Tech, ATS Winner – Virginia Tech, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Billikens average 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 178th in the nation. The Hokies rank 198th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Saint Louis ranks 266th in rebounds per game (33.5) while Virginia Tech ranks 270th (33.3).
- Virginia Tech averages 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 38th in the NCAA. Saint Louis ranks 260th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Billikens rank 143rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Hokies rank 228th (22.5).
- Saint Louis ranks 239th in steals per game (5.2) while Virginia Tech ranks 293rd (4.1).