Expect a high-scoring game when the Virginia Tech Hokies (6-1) and the Ole Miss Rebels (4-2) battle at The Pavilion at Ole Miss. Virginia Tech opened as a 2.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 164 points. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Ole Miss Rebels ATS Preview
In the Hokies last outing, they easily got past the Iowa Hawkeyes, 79-55. Ahmed Hill was the games high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Virginia Tech played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.379 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 17.6). For those same stats, Iowa was 0.091 and 16.6, respectively.
The Rebels are hoping for a better outcome after their 99-97 loss to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits in their last matchup. Terence Davis was Ole Miss high scorer with 22 points on 10-for-19 shooting. South Dakota State held the Rebels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below their season average of 33.9). Ole Miss, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.149).
Since last season, Ole Miss has done a solid job of getting to the free throw line. They rank ninth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.315), but Virginia Tech has been among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 35th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.196).
Of Virginia Tech’s 6 games that accepted bets, five have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of Ole Miss 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Hokies come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-1 SU and 5-1 ATS, while the Rebels are 4-2 SU and 1-5 ATS.
The Hokies won the sole contest against the Rebels last season, 80-75. The Hokies played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.321 and a turnover percentage of 15.8. The Rebels put up marks of 0.134 and 18.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Virginia Tech Hokies at Ole Miss Rebels Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Virginia Tech, ATS Winner – Virginia Tech, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hokies average 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 136th in the nation. The Rebels rank 303rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.8).
- Ole Miss averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. Virginia Tech ranks 187th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Virginia Tech ranks 31st in assists per game (16.1) while Ole Miss ranks 285th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Rebels rank 30th in rebounds per game (39.2) while the Hokies rank 275th (33.4).
- Ole Miss ranks 69th in steals per game (7.0) while Virginia Tech ranks 283rd (4.3).