The 11th-ranked Louisville Cardinals (23-6, 14-4 ACC) close out their home schedule at KFC Yum! Center against the Virginia Tech Hokies (15-13, 6-11 ACC). Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Virginia Tech Hokies at Louisville Cardinals Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Cardinals fell to the sixth-ranked Florida State Seminoles, 82-67, while the Hokies lost a winnable game to the Virginia Cavaliers, 56-53.
Virginia Tech had a much better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 17.1) while Louisville had a better turnover percentage (16.6 vs. 14.1). Jordan Nwora played a pivotal role for Louisville with 11 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Virginia Tech was led by Landers Nolley II, who had 13 points and five rebounds.
The Cardinals won the lone game between these two teams last year, 72-64. Louisville had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 20.0). Virginia Tech, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams face off. Louisville ranks 262nd in possessions per game (67.4) and Virginia Tech is 279th (67.2). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Hokies. They rank 2nd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.3 percent), while the Cardinals force the 65th-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 17.4 percent).
Virginia Tech Hokies at Louisville Cardinals ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Under
- Virginia Tech averages 27.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 21st in the NCAA. Louisville ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Hokies rank first in steals allowed per game (4.0) while the Cardinals rank 88th (6.0).
- The Cardinals average 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. The Hokies rank 216th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- Louisville ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Virginia Tech ranks 160th (12.9).
- The Hokies have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Virginia Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 3.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (4.5 above their season average).