The No. 2 Virginia Cavaliers (22-1, 11-0 ACC) visit Donald L. Tucker Center to go head-to-head with the Florida State Seminoles (17-6, 6-5 ACC). The Cavaliers will try to extend their 14-game winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 132 points with Virginia set as a 3-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Virginia Cavaliers at Florida State Seminoles Betting Preview
The Cavaliers were victorious over the Syracuse Orange in their last game, 59-44. De’Andre Hunter led Virginia in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-6 shooting. Virginia played a nearly flawless game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.564 (above their season average of 0.537) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below their season average of 27.6). For those same stats, Syracuse had marks of 0.373 and 17.1, respectively.
In the Seminoles last game, they defeated the Louisville Cardinals, 80-76. Florida State rallied around Trent Forrest, who recorded 10 points, nine rebounds and five assists. The Seminoles held the Cardinals to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 30.8) and had a free throw rate of 0.350 (above their season average of 0.236).
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Florida State takes on the stingy defense of Virginia. The Seminoles rank 27th in offensive efficiency, while the Cavaliers are second in defensive efficiency.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Seminoles won the lone game played against each other last season, 60-58. The Seminoles dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.245 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0. For those same stats, the Cavaliers recorded marks of 0.059 and 20.7, respectively.
Virginia Cavaliers vs. Florida State Seminoles ATS Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Virginia, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Under
- The Cavaliers rank first in assists allowed per game (8.3) while the Seminoles rank 102nd (12.8).
- Florida State ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.9) while Virginia ranks 63rd (4.1).
- Florida State ranks 21st in rebounds per game (39.8) while Virginia ranks 254th (32.7).
- The Cavaliers rank 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while the Seminoles rank 211th (23.4).
- Virginia ranks third in steals allowed per game (4.1) while Florida State ranks 105th (6.1).
- The Seminoles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 11.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 51.2 points per game (1.1 below their season average).