The UNI Panthers (5-1) and the No. 5 Villanova Wildcats (5-0) square off in the Battle 4 Atlantis at Imperial Arena at Atlantis Resort. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Villanova Wildcats vs. UNI Panthers ATS Preview
The Wildcats were victorious over the Tennessee Volunteers in their last game, 85-76. Jalen Brunson was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Villanova played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.660 (above their season average of 0.190) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 33.6). Tennessee had marks of 0.188 and 41.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Panthers played, they defeated the North Carolina State Wolfpack, 64-60. With 18 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Tywhon Pickford was the top scorer from either team. UNI dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.309 (above their season average of 0.187) and a turnover percentage of 14.5 (better than their season average of 18.8). North Carolina State put up marks of 0.123 and 16.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The ineffective offense of UNI will clash against the top-notch defense of Villanova. Since the 2016-17 season, the Panthers rank 322nd in offensive efficiency, while the Wildcats are 18th in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Villanova Wildcats vs. UNI Panthers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 42nd in steals per game (7.4) while the Panthers rank 140th (6.4).
- Villanova ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while UNI ranks 14th (2.4).
- Villanova ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while UNI ranks 215th (36.2).
- The Wildcats rank 111th in assists per game (14.3) while the Panthers rank 315th (10.2).
- UNI averages 23.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. Villanova ranks 219th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).