The No. 1 Villanova Wildcats (34-4) clash against the No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks (31-7) in the Final Four at Alamodome. Action gets underway at 8:49 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 31, 2018.
Villanova Wildcats vs. Kansas Jayhawks ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Jayhawks defeated the No. 2 Duke Blue Devils 85-81, while the Wildcats beat the No. 3 Texas Tech Red Raiders 71-59.
The Wildcats made 29 of their 35 free throws (82.9 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.6 (above their season average of 29.0). Kansas, meanwhile, won the rebounding battle. The Jayhawks had 17 offensive rebounds and 47 total rebounds, while the Blue Devils had 10 and 32, respectively. Malik Newman played well for Kansas with 32 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Eric Paschall had a good outing for Villanova, recording 12 points and 14 rebounds.
It might turn into a shootout as a pair of the nations best offenses go head-to-head. Kansas ranks 15th with 116.7 points per 100 possessions and Villanova is first (123.8).
Malik Newman has been on fire as of late for Kansas, averaging 19.4 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
Villanova Wildcats vs. Kansas Jayhawks ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Villanova, O/U – Over
- Villanova ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (28.7) while Kansas ranks 249th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Wildcats rank 13th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Jayhawks rank 74th (5.6).
- Villanova ranks 128th in rebounds per game (35.9) while Kansas ranks 178th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- The Jayhawks rank 13th in assists per game (16.9) while the Wildcats rank 175th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Villanova ranks 72nd in blocks per game (4.1) while Kansas ranks 155th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.4 points per game (5.8 below their season average).
- The Jayhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 10.2 for the season.