The Binghamton Bearcats (10-13, 1-7 AmEast) will try to snap the 10-game winning streak of Vermont when they welcome the Catamounts (17-5, 7-0 AmEast) to Events Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Vermont Catamounts at Binghamton Bearcats Betting Preview
The Catamounts defeated the Albany Great Danes in their last contest, 61-50. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, Vermont’s Everett Duncan had a solid performance. Vermont played a perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 26.7) and a free throw rate of 0.216 (below their season average of 0.302). For those same stats, Albany was 24.2 and 0.176, respectively.
In the Bearcats last matchup, they were beaten by the New Hampshire Wildcats, 57-52. With 10 points and seven rebounds, Willie Rodriguez put together a good game for Binghamton. New Hampshire did a terrific job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent). Binghamton, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 16.1).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Binghamton currently ranks 278th in possessions per game (67.7) and Vermont is 341st (64.6).
Trae Bell-Haynes has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Vermont, averaging 20.4 points and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Catamounts won both games last season. In the last matchup, Vermont won 71-51. The Catamounts dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.204 and a turnover percentage of 19.2. The Bearcats recorded marks of 0.085 and 27.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Binghamton Bearcats Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Vermont, ATS Winner – Vermont, O/U – Under
- Binghamton ranks 44th in blocks per game (4.5) while Vermont ranks 169th (2.6).
- The Catamounts rank second in rebounds allowed per game (28.5) while the Bearcats rank 109th (34.1).
- Binghamton ranks 147th in steals per game (5.8) while Vermont ranks 232nd (3.7).
- The Bearcats have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Binghamton has defeated opponents by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Catamounts have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.6 points per game (9.9 below their season average).