The Richmond Spiders (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they take on the Vermont Catamounts (5-1) at Robins Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Vermont Catamounts at Richmond Spiders ATS Preview
The Catamounts were victorious over the Yale Bulldogs in their last game, 79-73. Anthony Lamb was Vermont’s high scorer with 22 points on 10-for-18 shooting. Vermont played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.316 (above their season average of 0.252) and a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 15.8). For those same stats, Yale was 0.196 and 18.1, respectively.
In the Spiders last game, they were beaten by the Georgetown Hoyas, 82-76. With 24 points and 10 rebounds, Grant Golden played well for Richmond. Georgetown did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (22-26; 84.6 percent). Richmond, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 23.5).
Second-chance opportunities might be scarce for Richmond in this showdown. The Spiders rank 344th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.9 percent), while Vermont ranks 45th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Richmond Spiders Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Richmond, ATS Winner – Richmond, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spiders rank 106th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while the Catamounts rank 267th (18.4).
- Richmond ranks 95th in steals per game (6.7) while Vermont ranks 234th (5.3).
- Vermont ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while Richmond ranks 225th (36.5).
- The Catamounts rank 83rd in blocks per game (4.0) while the Spiders rank 292nd (2.0).
- Vermont ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Richmond ranks 192nd (13.7).