The Marquette Golden Eagles (5-3) welcome the Vermont Catamounts (6-2) in a matchup that pits phenomenal offense against superb defense. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Marquette Golden Eagles Odds Preview
The last time the Catamounts played, they fell to the Bucknell Bison, 81-77. With 20 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Anthony Lamb led Vermont in scoring. Bucknell had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.523). Vermont, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (19-26; 73.1 percent).
The Golden Eagles are trying to rebound after their 73-66 loss to the Georgia Bulldogs in their last game. Markus Howard was the games leading scorer with 29 points on 11-for-22 shooting. Georgia did a great job of converting from the free throw line (21-30; 70.0 percent). Marquette, on the other hand, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 35.1). This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Marquette ranks 16th in offensive efficiency and Vermont is 29th in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Of Vermont’s 4 games with betting action, three have finished under the projected point total, while 3 of Marquette’s 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Catamounts have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (6-2 vs. 5-3), but both teams are near the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Vermont Catamounts vs. Marquette Golden Eagles Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Vermont, ATS Winner – Vermont, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Catamounts rank 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Golden Eagles rank 166th (3.5).
- Vermont ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while Marquette ranks 73rd (33.4).
- Vermont ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Marquette ranks 294th (15.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank 29th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the Catamounts rank 272nd (18.4).
- Marquette ranks 74th in steals per game (7.0) while Vermont ranks 255th (5.2).