The No. 19 Seton Hall Pirates (7-1) will be at home in Prudential Center when they take on the VCU Rams (5-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
VCU Rams at Seton Hall Pirates Odds Preview
In the Rams last contest, they lost to the Texas Longhorns, 71-67. VCU’s Justin Tillman had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Texas had an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.515). VCU, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 31.6).
The Pirates hope to keep it rolling after barely hanging on to beat the No. 17 Louisville Cardinals in their last outing, 79-77. With 29 points on 12-for-18 shooting, Desi Rodriguez was the games leading scorer. The Pirates forced 16 turnovers and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 29.0).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Seton Hall offense. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Seton Hall ranks 209th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the pesky defense of VCU has forced the 78th-most turnovers in the nation (20.8 percent).
VCU Rams at Seton Hall Pirates Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Seton Hall, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams rank 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while the Pirates rank 59th (19.4).
- VCU ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Seton Hall ranks 63rd (11.7).
- VCU ranks 56th in steals per game (7.3) while Seton Hall ranks 194th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Pirates rank 30th in rebounds per game (39.3) while the Rams rank 126th (36.7).
- VCU averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. Seton Hall ranks 134th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).