The Georgia Bulldogs (16-14, 7-11 SEC) and the Vanderbilt Commodores (12-19, 6-12 SEC) battle in the Southeastern Conference Tourney at Scottrade Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 136.5 points with Georgia set as a 2.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Georgia Bulldogs Free Preview
The Commodores beat the Ole Miss Rebels in their last matchup, 82-69. Jeff Roberson was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Vanderbilt’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Ole Miss. The Commodores had a rate of 0.636 (above their season average of 0.516), while the Rebels posted a mark of 0.443 (below the 0.528 mark opponents have averaged against Vanderbilt this season).
In the Bulldogs’ last game, they were topped by the No. 16 Tennessee Volunteers, 66-61. Yante Maten was Georgia’s leading scorer with 18 points on 5-for-15 shooting. Tennessee had a turnover percentage of 6.1 (better than their season average of 15.7). Georgia, meanwhile, held the Volunteers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 32.6).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams square off. Georgia currently ranks 323rd in possessions per game (66.0) and Vanderbilt is 310th (66.5).
Of Vanderbilt’s 28 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished over the O/U total, while 16 of Georgia’s 27 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bulldogs have a substantial advantage. They are 16-14 SU and 14-13 ATS, while the Commodores are 12-19 SU and 8-20 ATS.
Roberson has been exceptional as of late for Vanderbilt, averaging 21.6 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 147 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 133. The Commodores won 81-66, covering as 4-point favorites. Making free throws was one of Vanderbilt’s largest advantages. They were 16-16 (100.0 percent), while the Bulldogs were just 12-19 (63.2 percent). Saben Lee had a stellar game, with 19 points.
Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Georgia Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Vanderbilt, ATS Winner – Vanderbilt, O/U – Over
- The Commodores rank 18th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Bulldogs rank 119th (6.1).
- Georgia ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Vanderbilt ranks 82nd (12.2).
- Vanderbilt ranks 41st in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Georgia ranks 255th (18.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 20th in rebounds per game (39.2) while the Commodores rank 217th (33.6).
- Georgia ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.7) while Vanderbilt ranks 183rd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Georgia is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Vanderbilt is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, up from 1.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Commodores have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (3.7 above their season average).