The Vancouver Canucks, led by Elias Pettersson and Bo Horvat, are prepared to take the ice against Josh Bailey, Mathew Barzal, the New York Islanders at the Barclays Center in a cross-continent matchup. Sportsnet Pacific will showcase the game, and the opening face-off is at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13.
Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders Odds
New York enters the contest as the obvious favorite with a -170 moneyline. The line for Vancouver sits at +150 and the oddsmakers have put the Over/Under (O/U) at 6 goals. The odds for betting that total sit at -105 for the over and -115 on the under.
Vancouver is 10-9 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 9.3 units this season. Through 19 regular season matches, nine of its games have gone over the total, while another nine have gone under and none have pushed. This 2018-19 Canucks team is 5-7 SU on the road.
Vancouver has converted on 18.3 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 15th overall, and the team’s successfully killed off 80.3 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 29.1 saves per game with a .900 save percentage, Jacob Markstrom (7-6-2) has been the primary option in goal for Vancouver this year. Markstrom did just play last night, however, so the team could decide to rest him and instead turn to Anders Nilsson (3-3 record, .912 save percentage, 2.67 goals against average).
On the other bench, New York is 8-8 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 3.9 units this season. Through 16 regular season outings, eight of its games have gone under the total, while six have gone over and just two have pushed. It’s 3-3 SU at home this season.
The Islanders have converted on just 17.0 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 19th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 79.2 percent of all penalties.
Robin Lehner (28.6 saves per game) has been the top selection in goal for the Islanders. Lehner has four wins, five losses, and one overtime loss and has registered a .921 save percentage and 2.59 goals against average this year.
Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders Betting Predictions
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Canucks, O/U – Over
- The Canucks are 7-2 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Islanders are 2-4 SU in games where they spend more time in the box than the opposition.
- New York is 1-1 in games decided by a shootout this season while Vancouver is 1-2 in shootouts.
- The total has gone over in four of Vancouver’s last five outings.
- Vancouver has averaged 8.2 giveaways over its last five home games, right in line with its season average of 8.0 giveaways per game (the eighth-fewest in the NHL).
- New York skaters have averaged 12.4 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 8.9 giveaways per game (ranked 14th overall).
- The Islanders this season have registered the 12th-most hits in the league (22.9 per game).