The UC Riverside Highlanders (3-7) will be at home in Student Recreation Center when they challenge the Valparaiso Crusaders (9-3). Valparaiso opened as a 7.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 135.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Valparaiso Crusaders vs. UC Riverside Highlanders ATS Preview
The Crusaders beat the Santa Clara Broncos in their last game, 76-68. With 12 points and five rebounds, Markus Golder played well for Valparaiso. The Crusaders held the Broncos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below the 26.6 mark opponents have averaged against Valparaiso this season) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.656 (above their season average of 0.520).
In the Highlanders last game, they were beaten by the Montana Grizzlies, 77-61. DJ Sylvester was UC Riverside’s high scorer with 18 points on 5-for-6 shooting. Montana had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 33.8). UC Riverside, meanwhile, forced the Grizzlies into a turnover percentage of 24.5 (above their season average of 16.1).
The ineffective offense of UC Riverside will battle against the elite defense of Valparaiso. The Highlanders rank 346th in offensive efficiency, while the Crusaders are 22nd in defensive efficiency. The Crusaders should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Valparaiso games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of games featuring UC Riverside have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Crusaders have a clear advantage. They are 9-3 SU and 6-3 ATS, while the Highlanders are 3-7 SU and 3-5 ATS.
Valparaiso Crusaders at UC Riverside Highlanders Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Valparaiso, ATS Winner – Valparaiso, O/U – Under
- The Crusaders rank 226th in three pointers attempted per game (18.3) while the Highlanders rank 245th (17.2).
- Valparaiso ranks 35th in rebounds per game (40.1) while UC Riverside ranks 236th in rebounds allowed per game (40.5).
- The Crusaders rank 20th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Highlanders rank 161st (7.4).
- Valparaiso ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while UC Riverside ranks 135th (4.2).
- The Highlanders average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 6.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crusaders have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (12.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (8.3 above their season average).