The UTSA Roadrunners (4-7) and the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (5-5) clash at American Bank Center. The Roadrunners will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018.
UTSA Roadrunners at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Odds
In their last game, the Islanders dismantled the Howard Payne Yellow Jackets, 81-34, while the Roadrunners lost a tough one against the St. Edwards Hilltoppers, 77-76.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi dominated every facet of the contest. They had a free throw rate of 0.269 and a turnover percentage of 14.0. Howard Payne was 0.053 and 33.6, respectively, for those same stats. UTSA, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 23.3). Texas A&M-Corpus Christi rallied around Irshaad Hunte, who recorded 14 points and 10 rebounds. Giovanni De Nicolao fueled UTSA with 13 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
The Roadrunners won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 72-58. UTSA’s 0.628 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, who had a mark of 0.479. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a matchup of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking Roadrunners (ranked 46th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Islanders (210th in possessions per game).
UTSA Roadrunners vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, O/U – Over
- UTSA ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 252nd (20.6).
- The Roadrunners average 11.4 assists per game, which ranks 124th in the country. The Islanders rank 142nd in assists allowed per game (12.4).
- The Roadrunners rank 44th in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Islanders rank 139th (38.6).
- UTSA ranks 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.9) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 127th (5.5).
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average).
- The Islanders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 5.1 for the season.