WAC foes will collide when the Bakersfield Roadrunners (11-15, 4-7 WAC) take on the Utah Valley Wolverines (19-8, 8-3 WAC) at Rabobank Arena. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Utah Valley Wolverines at Bakersfield Roadrunners ATS Preview
The last time the Wolverines played, they were victorious over the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 84-72. Jake Toolson led Utah Valley in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Utah Valley played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.554) and a free throw rate of 0.389 (above their season average of 0.279). UT Rio Grande Valley had marks of 0.426 and 0.328, respectively, for those same stats.
The Roadrunners will look to keep it rolling after topping the Grand Canyon Antelopes in their last outing, 71-58. Bakersfield was lifted by Justin Davis, who recorded 15 points and 12 rebounds. Bakersfield dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (below their season average of 34.0) and a turnover percentage of 15.5 (better than their season average of 18.1). For those same stats, Grand Canyon put up marks of 15.4 and 17.7, respectively.
Bakersfield might have difficulty scoring as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Utah Valley ranks 56th in defensive efficiency while the Roadrunners rank 295th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Wolverines rank 46th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.282), while the Roadrunners rank 317th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.292).
These teams have already met once this season. The Wolverines won 75-42. The Wolverines played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.545 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.580. The Roadrunners were 0.167 and 0.354, respectively, for those same stats. Toolson was the game’s leading scorer with 15 points.
Utah Valley Wolverines vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Odds Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Over
- The Roadrunners rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Wolverines rank 70th (3.0).
- Utah Valley ranks 17th in assists per game (17.0) while Bakersfield ranks 178th (13.0).
- The Wolverines rank 44th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Roadrunners rank 127th (36.0).
- Bakersfield averages 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 149th in the NCAA. Utah Valley ranks 205th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Roadrunners have outscored opponents by an average of 7.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Bakersfield has lost by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (1.0 below their season average).