The Utah State Aggies (7-2) take on the Weber State Wildcats (5-3) at Vivint Smart Home Arena. The game begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Utah State Aggies vs. Weber State Wildcats ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Wildcats fell to the San Diego Toreros, 83-66, while the Aggies had no trouble getting past the Montana State Bobcats, 101-71.
Utah State played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 and a turnover percentage of 13.0. Montana State put up marks of 12.5 and 16.1, respectively, for those same stats. Weber State, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.492 vs. 0.546). Weber State’s Cody John had a good outing, recording 22 points. Utah State, meanwhile, rallied around Sam Merrill, who contributed 37 points.
The Wildcats won the only game between these two teams last season, 65-59. Weber State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Utah State. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.481 while the Aggies posted a mark of 0.407.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Weber State takes on the stingy defense of Utah State. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Wildcats rank 59th in offensive efficiency, while the Aggies are 19th in defensive efficiency.
Utah State vs. Weber State Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Weber State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Utah State ranks eighth in rebounds per game (35.1) while Weber State ranks 215th (34.5).
- The Wildcats rank 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Aggies rank 82nd (2.9).
- Utah State averages 5.4 steals per game, which ranks 82nd in the nation. Weber State ranks 103rd in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Aggies rank 29th in assists per game (14.4) while the Wildcats rank 143rd (13.6).
- Weber State ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Utah State ranks 148th (21.5).