Pac-12 foes will clash when the Colorado Buffaloes (12-10, 4-6 Pac-12) challenge the Utah Runnin’ Utes (13-8, 5-5 Pac-12) at Coors Events Center. Neither team is favored and the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 140.5 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2018.
Utah Runnin’ Utes at Colorado Buffaloes Odds Preview
The Runnin’ Utes lost a close one to the No. 11 Arizona Wildcats in their last matchup, 74-73. With 26 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Sedrick Barefield was the games leading scorer. Arizona had an effective field goal percentage of 0.756 (above their season average of 0.567). Utah, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent).
The last time the Buffaloes played, they were topped by the No. 21 Arizona State Sun Devils, 80-66. With 10 points and six rebounds, Colorado’s Namon Wright put together a solid outing. Arizona State had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 13.6). Colorado, meanwhile, held the Sun Devils to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 30.8).
Second-chance opportunities could be scarce for Utah in this matchup. The Runnin’ Utes currently rank 291st in offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 percent), while Colorado ranks 59th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent).
Of Utah’s 19 games with betting action, 10 have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of Colorado’s 22 games have finished over the O/U total. The Runnin’ Utes have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (13-8 vs. 12-10), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Runnin’ Utes, it’s been Justin Bibbins, who has averaged 15.8 points, 6.2 assists and 1.2 steals, while the Buffaloes have gotten solid contributions from George King (19.6 points and 8.2 rebounds).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Runnin’ Utes won both games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Utah won 86-81. One of Utah’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 32 trips to the line, while Colorado went 28 times.
Utah Runnin’ Utes vs. Colorado Buffaloes Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Over
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 207th in steals per game (5.0) while the Buffaloes rank 228th (4.4).
- Utah ranks 47th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Colorado ranks 63rd (12.0).
- Utah is 5-5 ATS on the road with 5 overs and 5 unders.
- Colorado is 7-3 ATS at home with 6 overs and 4 unders.
- Utah averages 25.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 46th in the nation. Colorado ranks 189th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Buffaloes average 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. The Runnin’ Utes rank 150th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Utah ranks 101st in blocks per game (3.5) while Colorado ranks 125th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Colorado is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Buffaloes average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 0.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Utes have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average).