The Utah Jazz (40-29), 4-point favorites, will travel to Capital One Arena to challenge the Washington Wizards (30-40). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 228.5 points and action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, March 18, 2019.
Utah Jazz vs. Washington Wizards Betting Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last contest. The Wizards (1.5-point favorites) defeated the Memphis Grizzlies 135-128, while the Jazz (9-point favorites) beat the Brooklyn Nets 114-98. The Washington game finished 38.5 points over the projected point total of 224.5, while the Utah game finished 6.5 points under the projected point total of 218.5.
Utah played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 22.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.530). Brooklyn put up marks of 13.8 and 0.411, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Washington dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.444 (above their season average of 0.202) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (above their season average of 20.6). For those same stats, Memphis was 0.222 and 16.3, respectively. Bradley Beal played well for Washington with 40 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Rudy Gobert played well for Utah, contributing 23 points and 17 rebounds.
The Jazz dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the most recent contest, Utah won 107-104. Utah had a much better turnover percentage (10.9 vs. 21.2). Washington, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (12-17; 70.6 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Games including the Jazz have finished under the O/U total 52.2 percent of the time. Utah heads into the game with records of 40-29 straight up (SU) and 36-31-2 against the spread (ATS).
Wizards games have typically finished over the total (61.4 percent). Additionally, Washington is 30-40 SU and 32-36-2 ATS.
The Jazz’s Jae Crowder has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 13 points,6.2 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Beal has averaged 28 points,7.4 assists,6.8 rebounds,2.6 steals during that same time frame for the Wizards.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, this will be a matchup of two heavyweights. The upper-echelon Washington offense ranks fifth in the NBA in that metric at 0.536, while the stingy Utah defense is ranked third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509). Also, the Jazz are among the league’s best at getting to the line, ranking fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.219). The Wizards, meanhwile, rank 21st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.207).
Jazz at Wizards Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
- The Wizards average 18.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Jazz rank 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Utah ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (42.9) while Washington ranks 29th (47.4).
- The Jazz rank eighth in points allowed in the paint per game (47.3) while the Wizards rank 28th (51.7).
- Utah ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while Washington ranks 23rd (14.2).
- Utah ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (27.9) while Washington ranks 20th (32.9).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (21.5) while the Wizards rank 27th (26.0).
- The Jazz rank third in blocks per game (5.9) while the Wizards rank 22nd (4.7).
- Washington ranks 13th in fast break points per game (14.2) while Utah ranks 27th (10.1).
- Washington averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Utah ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- Washington is 9-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Utah is 17-4.
- The Wizards are 29-34 when they reach 100 points, while the Jazz are 38-17.
- Utah is 18-15-1 ATS on the road, while Washington is 21-12-1 ATS at home.
- In 34 road games, the Jazz have 17 overs and 17 unders.
- In 34 home games, the Wizards have 22 overs and 12 unders.
- The Wizards are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Washington has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Utah has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Wizards have outscored opponents by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington has lost by an average of 2.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.4 points per game (5.0 below their season average).