The Toronto Raptors (32-14) will be at home in Air Canada Centre when they go head-to-head with the Utah Jazz (20-28). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 207 points with Toronto set as a 7-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018.
Utah Jazz at Toronto Raptors ATS Preview
The Jazz edged the Detroit Pistons in their last matchup, 98-95. With 11 points, 10 rebounds and five assists, Utah’s Ricky Rubio played well. Utah dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 13.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.448 (below their season average of 0.518). For those same stats, Detroit was 15.3 and 0.428, respectively.
In the Raptors last game, they beat the Atlanta Hawks, 108-93. Toronto’s Jonas Valanciunas played a pivotal role with 16 points and 13 rebounds. Toronto dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 (below their season average of 0.210) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.517 (below their season average of 0.532). For those same stats, Atlanta had marks of 0.128 and 0.431, respectively.
Ball protection could play a significant role in this battle. Toronto commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the NBA (turnover percentage of 13.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Utah forces the fourth-most (opponents turnover percentage of 15.6 percent).
Of Utah’s 48 games, 25 have finished under the O/U total, while 24 of Toronto’s 46 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors have the superior straight up (SU) record (32-14 vs. 20-28) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (25-21 vs. 24-24).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 209 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 194.5. The Raptors won 109-100, covering as 2-point underdogs. Toronto had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.613 vs. 0.487). Utah, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 16.1). DeMar DeRozan scored a game-high 37 points.
Utah Jazz at Toronto Raptors Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Jazz rank 21st in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Toronto ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.5) while Utah ranks ninth (26.9).
- Toronto ranks second in blocks per game (6.0) while Utah ranks 15th (4.8).
- On the road, Utah is 10-15 ATS with 13 overs, 11 unders and 1 push.
- Toronto is 11-9 ATS at home with 10 overs and 10 unders.
- Toronto is 15-4 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Utah is 11-4.
- The Jazz are 17-11 when they reach 100 points, while the Raptors are 29-8.
- The Raptors rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.5) while the Jazz rank 26th (41.1).
- Utah ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while Toronto ranks 27th (13.6).
- The Raptors rank sixth in fast break points per game (13.8) while the Jazz rank 27th (8.9).
- The Jazz rank fourth in assists allowed per game (20.4) while the Raptors rank 10th (22.1).
- Toronto ranks first in points off turnovers per game (18.8) while Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.7).
- Toronto is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 109.6 points per game (8.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.8 points per game (4.4 above their season average).