The Utah Jazz (6-10) can end a six-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head against the Orlando Magic (8-7) at Amway Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Utah Jazz vs. Orlando Magic Betting Preview
In the Jazz’s last outing, they lost to the Brooklyn Nets, 118-107. Utah’s Donovan Mitchell had 15 points, eight assists and seven rebounds in the game. Brooklyn had a better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 15.2). Utah, on the other hand, held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.1 (below their season average of 21.5).
The Magic are trying to rebound after their 99-94 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers in their last outing. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic played well. Portland had a better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 15.3). Orlando, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (9-9; 100.0 percent).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Orlando should have a noteworthy edge. The elite Magic offense ranks fifth in the NBA in that metric at 0.541, while the bottom-tier Utah defense is ranked 21st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.525).
Of Utah’s 15 games with betting action, eight have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Orlando’s 15 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Magic have a sizable advantage. They are 8-7 SU and 8-6-1 ATS, while the Jazz are 6-10 SU and 7-8 ATS.
Rodney Hood has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Utah, averaging 20.6 points per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Jazz won both contests last season. In the last contest, Utah won 114-107. The Jazz played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.301 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4. The Magic were 0.232 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Utah Jazz vs. Orlando Magic Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5) while the Jazz rank 25th (19.6).
- Utah ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (43.8) while Orlando ranks 25th (46.1).
- Utah ranks second in steals per game (9.4) while Orlando ranks 13th (8.3).
- Utah ranks 24th in second chance points per game (9.4) while Orlando ranks 26th (9.1).
- Orlando is 3-3 ATS at home, while Utah is 1-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Jazz’s 5 road games, while 4 of the Magic’s 6 home games have gone under.
- Orlando is 5-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Utah is 4-2.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Jazz are 4-4 and the Magic are 8-4.
- The Jazz rank second in blocks per game (6.2) while the Magic rank 12th (5.0).
- Utah ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (38.6) while Orlando ranks 29th (51.1).
- The Magic rank fourth in assists per game (24.8) while the Jazz rank 27th (19.6).
- The Magic rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while the Jazz rank eighth (27.0).
- Orlando ranks 10th in fast break points per game (11.3) while Utah ranks 27th (7.7).
- Orlando is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Magic have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Orlando has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 98.8 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average).