The Oklahoma City Thunder (1-0) will be 4-point favorites at home in game two of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they take on the Utah Jazz (0-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 206.5 points and it will air on NBATV at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Odds
In game one, Westbrook led the Thunder to a 116-108 win. He registered a double-double with 29 points and 13 rebounds. Oklahoma City covered as a 4.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 224 points, which was well over the projected point total of 205. Converting at the free throw line was one of Oklahoma City’s biggest advantages. They were 20-23 (87.0 percent), while the Jazz were 15-20 (75.0 percent).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 percent), while Utah ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.8 percent). Moreover, the Jazz rank 24th in turnover percentage (14.5 percent), while the Thunder rank first in opponents’ turnover percentage (15.3 percent).
Just over half of the Jazz’s games have finished under the total. Utah comes into the contest with records of 48-35 straight up (SU) and 43-40 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Thunder’s 83 games, 46 have finished under the projected point total. Additionally, Oklahoma City owns records of 49-34 SU and 34-47-2 ATS.
Donovan Mitchell has taken his game to another level recently for Utah, averaging 22.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while the Thunder rank eighth (43.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.0) while Utah ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Thunder rank third in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Jazz rank 22nd (10.3).ame (8.3).
- The Thunder rank third in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Jazz rank 22nd (10.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (19.9) while Oklahoma City ranks 13th (23.2).
- The Thunder rank first in second chance points per game (15.1) while the Jazz rank 23rd (11.3).
- The Thunder rank fifth in rebounds per game (45.1) while the Jazz rank 19th (43.2).
- Utah averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Oklahoma City ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Utah ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (26.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 24th (30.5).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Utah is 34-7 and Oklahoma City is 22-5.
- The Jazz are 39-13 when they reach 100 points, while the Thunder are 45-18.
- Utah is 21-21 ATS on the road, while Oklahoma City is 16-24-2 ATS at home.
- In 42 road games, the Jazz have 24 overs, 17 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Thunder’s 42 home games, they have 23 unders and 19 overs.
- In their last five games, Utah and Oklahoma City are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Jazz have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Thunder have 3 unders and 2 overs
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 116.6 points per game (8.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.4 points per game (2.9 above their season average).