The Utah Jazz (25-28) and the Memphis Grizzlies (18-35) face off at FedExForum. The Jazz will attempt to prolong their six-game winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 203 points with Utah opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Utah Jazz at Memphis Grizzlies Free Preview
The Jazz had no trouble getting past the New Orleans Pelicans in their last matchup, 133-109. With 20 points and 11 assists, Utah’s Ricky Rubio played well. Utah played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.169 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (above their season average of 20.0). New Orleans recorded marks of 0.075 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Grizzlies last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Atlanta Hawks, 108-82. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, Memphis Ivan Rabb played well. Atlanta forced the Grizzlies into a turnover percentage of 22.8 (above their season average of 13.2). Memphis, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (24.3 vs. 22.2).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the leagues slowest-paced teams battle. Memphis currently ranks 30th in possessions per game (95.9) and Utah is 24th (97.3). ,
Of Utah’s 53 games, 26 have finished over the projected point total, while 29 of Memphis 52 games have finished under the O/U total. The Jazz hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 25-28 SU and 29-24 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 18-35 SU and 23-27-2 ATS.
Rubio has been on fire over the last five games for Utah, averaging 19.2 points, 8.0 assists, 6.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Grizzlies won three out of four meetings played against each other last season. In the last game, Memphis won 102-95. The Grizzlies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.7 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6. The Jazz had marks of 14.8 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Utah Jazz at Memphis Grizzlies Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Grizzlies rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.2) while the Jazz rank 12th (43.0).
- Utah ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (20.7) while Memphis ranks eighth (21.2).
- Utah averages 17.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Memphis ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2).
- Utah is 14-15 ATS on the road, while Memphis is 12-15-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 16 of the Jazz’s 29 road games, while 18 of the Grizzlies 28 home games have gone under.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Utah is 14-4 and Memphis is 11-9.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Grizzlies are 13-13 and the Jazz are 21-11.
- The Jazz rank 24th in rebounds per game (41.4) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (40.5).
- Utah ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (9.5) while Memphis ranks 26th (13.9).
- The Jazz rank second in steals per game (9.1) while the Grizzlies rank 20th (7.3).
- The Jazz rank fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while the Grizzlies rank eighth (11.5).
- Utah ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.6) while Memphis ranks 25th (5.3).
- Memphis is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 5-0 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Grizzlies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 3.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 121.6 points per game (18.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (0.5 below their season average).