The Utah Jazz (1-3), 12-point underdogs, will try to extend the series when they travel to Toyota Center to clash with the Houston Rockets (3-1) in game five of the Western Conference Semifinals. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209.5 points and it will air on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets Betting Odds
In game four, Paul led the Rockets to a 100-87 win. He recorded a double-double with 27 points and 12 rebounds. Houston covered as a 6-point favorite and the two teams combined for 187 points, which was well under the projected point total of 211.5. The Rockets 12.0 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Jazz, who had a rate of 14.8.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the productive offense of Houston takes on the top-notch defense of Utah. The Rockets rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Jazz are first in defensive efficiency. ,
Of the Jazz’s 92 games, 47 have finished under the O/U total. Utah comes into the contest with records of 53-39 straight up (SU) and 47-45 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Rockets 91 games, 51 have finished under the projected point total. Moreover, Houston is 72-19 SU and 47-42-2 ATS.
Clint Capela has been solid as of late for Houston, averaging 17.6 points, 12.6 rebounds and 2.4 blocks over the last five games.
Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets Free Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank second in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while the Rockets rank seventh (11.6).
- Utah ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while Houston ranks 27th (48.1).
- The Jazz rank third in fast break points allowed per game (10.0) while the Rockets rank 15th (11.7).
- Houston ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8).
- Houston ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Utah ranks 11th (4.7).
- The Rockets average 8.5 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Jazz rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (19.7) while the Rockets rank 10th (22.3).
- Utah ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while Houston ranks sixth (42.3).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (42.1) while Utah ranks 13th (29.6).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Houston is 36-3 and Utah is 37-7.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Jazz are 43-13 and the Rockets are 69-14.
- Houston is 20-25-1 ATS at home, while Utah is 23-23 ATS on the road.
- In 46 road games, the Jazz have 25 overs, 19 unders and 2 pushes.
- In 46 home games, the Rockets have 24 unders, 21 overs and 1 push.
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Houston has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push, while Utah has 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 97.4 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average).