The NBA’s top scoring team will be 3.5-point underdogs at home in ORACLE Arena, when the Golden State Warriors (54-18) face off with the Utah Jazz (41-32). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 203 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 8:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Utah Jazz vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Warriors beat the Atlanta Hawks, 106-94, while the Jazz were beaten by the San Antonio Spurs, 124-120.
Golden State played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.4 (below their season average of 21.2) and a turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 13.9). For those same stats, Atlanta recorded marks of 12.2 and 10.6, respectively. Utah, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-29; 79.3 percent). Golden State was lifted by Stephen Curry, who had 29 points and seven rebounds. Donovan Mitchell was a key piece for Utah with 35 points.
This matchup pits one of the NBA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Golden State ranks second in offensive efficiency and Utah ranks third in defensive efficiency.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Jazz games, with 39 unders compared to 33 overs. Utah heads into the game with records of 41-32 straight up (SU) and 38-35 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Utah, Warriors games have a slight tendency to go under the projected point total (51.4 percent). Golden State is 54-18 SU, but they are just 30-39-3 ATS.
The Jazz’s Mitchell has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 22.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game. Meanwhile, Quinn Cook has averaged 18.0 points during that same time frame for the Warriors.
The Jazz evened the season series at one with a 129-99 blowout victory in their most recent contest. Klay Thompson was the game’s top overall scorer with 27 points. Utah had a much better turnover percentage (10.2 vs. 16.8). Golden State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent). The two teams combined to put up 228 points, which was over the projected point total of 216, and Utah covered as an 8-point underdog.
Utah Jazz at Golden State Warriors Betting Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while the Jazz rank 12th (4.7).
- Utah ranks second in steals per game (8.8) while Golden State ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Jazz rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while the Warriors rank 23rd (46.8).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (29.8) while Utah ranks 22nd (21.9).
- Utah ranks 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.6) while Golden State ranks 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- The Jazz rank third in second chance points allowed per game (10.7) while the Warriors rank 29th (13.7).
- The Jazz rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.5) while the Warriors rank 16th (29.2).
- Utah ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while Golden State ranks seventh (42.2).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (20.1) while Utah ranks 24th (9.9).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Golden State is 14-4 and Utah is 28-6.
- The Warriors are 51-12 when they score more than 100 points, while the Jazz are 32-12.
- Golden State is 15-19-2 ATS at home, while Utah is 18-19 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 20 of the Warriors’ 36 home games, while 20 of the Jazz’s 37 road games have gone over.
- The Warriors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 4 unders and 1 over, while Utah has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Warriors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 7.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (7.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (3.7 above their season average).