The Portland Trail Blazers (48-33) and Utah Jazz (48-33) will clash at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to get their Western Conference schedules underway. Portland opened as a 4-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 201.5 points. Action starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 11, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Utah Jazz vs. Portland Trail Blazers Odds Preview
The Jazz easily got past the Golden State Warriors in their last contest, 119-79. With 16 points and nine rebounds, Derrick Favors put together a solid performance for Utah. Utah played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 21.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.528). Golden State was 17.6 and 0.378, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Trail Blazers’ last matchup, they were blown out by the Denver Nuggets, 88-82. With 20 points and 19 rebounds, Portland’s Jusuf Nurkic had a good game. Denver did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (20-26; 76.9 percent). Portland, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 23.2).
Portland might struggle to score as they go head-to-head against one of the league’s best defenses. Utah currently ranks first in defensive efficiency, while the Trail Blazers rank 16th in offensive efficiency.Of Utah’s 80 games that accepted bets, 40 have finished under the projected point total, while 45 of Portland’s 81 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and
against the spread (ATS). The Jazz are 48-33 SU and 42-38 ATS, while the Trail Blazers are 48-33 SU and 44-30-7 ATS.
Nurkic has been excellent over the last five games for Portland, averaging 14.4 points, 11.2 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
These two teams have met three times already this year, with the Jazz leading the series two games to one. Rudy Gobert had 15 points and nine rebounds in the most recent contest, in which the Jazz lost 100-81, unable to cover as 4.5-point favorites. The two teams combined for 181 points, which was 27.5 points below the projected point total of 208.5 points. The Trail Blazers played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 and a free throw rate of 0.149. For those same stats, the Jazz recorded marks of 18.7 and 0.115, respectively.
Utah Jazz at Portland Trail Blazers Free Prediction
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Trail Blazers rank third in rebounds per game (45.5) while the Jazz rank 20th (43.1).
- Utah ranks 19th in assists per game (22.5) while Portland ranks 29th (19.5).
- Utah ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.1) while Portland ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Utah is second in the league with 41.8 points allowed in the paint per game while Portland is third with 42.0 points allowed in the paint per game.
- Utah is 21-19 ATS on the road with 23 overs, 16 unders and 1 push.
- Portland is 22-14-4 ATS at home with 21 unders and 19 overs.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Portland is 25-7 and Utah is 34-7.
- The Jazz are 39-12 when they reach the century mark, while the Trail Blazers are 43-18.
- The Jazz rank first in fast break points allowed per game (9.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 12th (11.4).
- Utah ranks fourth in steals per game (8.7) while Portland ranks 25th (7.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Jazz rank 23rd (11.2).
- The Jazz rank third in three pointers allowed per game (26.0) while the Trail Blazers rank sixth (26.6).
- Utah ranks 12th in points off turnovers per game (16.9) while Portland ranks 29th (14.0).