The Utah Jazz (3-1) will look to advance to the Western Conference Semifinals when they travel to Chesapeake Energy Arena to clash against the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-3) in game five of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Jazz opened as 3.5-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207.5 points and it begins at 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Odds
In game four, Mitchell led the Jazz to a 113-96 victory. He scored a game-high 33 points. The two teams combined to score 209 points, which was just over the projected point total of 207.5, and Utah covered as a 5-point favorite. The Jazz’s turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Thunder. Utah had a rate of 9.7, while Oklahoma City posted a mark of 12.6.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the league’s top rebounding teams face off. The Thunder currently rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 percent), while Utah ranks third in defensive rebounding percentage (79.9 percent). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Jazz. They rank 24th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent), while the Thunder force the most turnovers in the league (opponents’ turnover percentage of 15.3 percent).
Vegas has been spot on when setting the total of Jazz games, with an even split between overs and unders. Utah comes into the game with records of 51-35 straight up (SU) and 46-40 against the spread (ATS).
Thunder games also have a slight tendency to go under the total (54.7 percent). Moreover, Oklahoma City owns records of 49-37 SU and 34-50-2 ATS.
Donovan Mitchell and Ricky Rubio have played well over the last five games for Utah. Mitchell has averaged 23.2 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game, while Rubio has put up 18.2 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.2 steals a game during that span.
Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Jazz rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while the Thunder rank 10th (43.7).
- Oklahoma City averages 9.1 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. Utah ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (15.1) while the Jazz rank 22nd (10.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in points off turnovers per game (18.9) while Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (19.8) while Oklahoma City ranks 13th (23.2).
- The Jazz rank third in three pointers allowed per game (26.2) while the Thunder rank 24th (30.6).
- The Thunder rank fifth in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Jazz rank 18th (43.5).
- Utah averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Oklahoma City ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (14.9) while Utah ranks 22nd (11.5).
- When allowing under 100 points, Utah is 36-7 and Oklahoma City is 22-5.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Jazz are 42-13 and the Thunder are 45-19.
- Utah is 22-21 ATS on the road, while Oklahoma City is 16-25-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Jazz’s 43 road games, they have 24 overs, 18 unders and 1 push.
- In 43 home games, the Thunder have 24 unders and 19 overs.
- The Jazz are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Thunder are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Utah has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Oklahoma City has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 109.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.2 points per game (7.5 above their season average).