The Oklahoma City Thunder will be 3.5-point favorites at home to open the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they challenge the Utah Jazz. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 206 points and it will air on TNT at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Odds
The Thunder lead the season series three games to one. The two teams combined for 192 points in their most recent game, which was just under the projected point total of 197. Oklahoma City won 103-89, covering as a 2-point underdog. Oklahoma City won the rebounding battle. The Thunder had 15 offensive rebounds and 45 total rebounds, while the Jazz had six and 37, respectively. Westbrook put up a triple-double in the victory, with 27 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.7 percent), while Utah ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.8 percent). It could also be an error-filled game for the offense of the Jazz, which ranks 24th in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Thunder, which forces the most turnovers in the NBA (15.3 percent).
Games including the Jazz have a slight tendency to go under the total (51.2 percent). Utah holds records of 48-34 straight up (SU) and 43-39 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Thunder’s 82 games, 46 have finished under the total. Moreover, Oklahoma City is 48-34 SU and 33-47-2 ATS.
Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while the Thunder rank seventh (43.5).
- Oklahoma City averages 9.1 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. Utah ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (15.2) while the Jazz rank 22nd (10.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (20.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 14th (23.3).
- The Thunder rank first in second chance points per game (15.0) while the Jazz rank 23rd (11.3).
- The Thunder rank fifth in rebounds per game (45.1) while the Jazz rank 20th (43.3).
- Utah ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (26.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 24th (30.6).
- When allowing under 100 points, Utah is 34-7 and Oklahoma City is 22-5.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Jazz are 39-12 and the Thunder are 44-18.
- Oklahoma City is 15-24-2 ATS at home, while Utah is 21-20 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 23 of the Thunder’s 41 home games, while 23 of the Jazz’s 41 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Utah and Oklahoma City are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Jazz have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Thunder have 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.0, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 115.2 points per game (7.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average).