The Utah Jazz (13-13) and the Milwaukee Bucks (14-10), who both like to play slow, will battle at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Milwaukee opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 199 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Utah Jazz vs. Milwaukee Bucks Free Preview
In the Jazz’s last contest, they fell to the Houston Rockets, 112-101. With 26 points on 9-for-19 shooting, Donovan Mitchell was Utah’s leading scorer. Houston held the Jazz to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.5 (below their season average of 20.5). Utah, on the other hand, did a great job of getting and making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent).
The Bucks will look to maintain momentum after topping the Dallas Mavericks in their last game, 109-102. Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo was a key piece with 27 points and 11 rebounds. Milwaukee played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 18.0) and a free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.206). Dallas put up marks of 10.8 and 0.293, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the leagues slowest-paced teams clash. Milwaukee ranks 28th in possessions per game (96.5) and Utah is 26th (97.3).
Of Utah’s 26 games, 13 have finished under the O/U total, while 12 of Milwaukee’s 23 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (14-10 vs. 13-13), but the Jazz have been superior against the spread (ATS) (15-11 vs. 9-11-3).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Jazz, it’s been Mitchell, who has averaged 26.6 points, 3.6 assists and 1.6 steals, while the Bucks have gotten great contributions from Eric Bledsoe (21.0 points, 3.4 assists and 1.8 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 229 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 196. The Jazz won 121-108, covering as 1.5-point underdogs. Utah had a much better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 15.5). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.2 vs. 13.5). Antetokounmpo recorded a double-double in the loss, with 27 points and 13 rebounds.
Utah Jazz at Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.7) while the Jazz rank 14th (16.8).
- Utah ranks second in assists allowed per game (18.5) while Milwaukee ranks eighth (21.4).
- Milwaukee ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while Utah ranks 10th (4.7).
- Utah is fourth in the league with 39.9 points allowed in the paint per game while Milwaukee is fifth with 41.1 points allowed in the paint per game.
- On the road, Utah is 4-6 ATS with 5 overs, 4 unders and 1 push.
- Milwaukee is 3-6-2 ATS at home with 6 unders, 4 overs and 1 push.
- Milwaukee is 6-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Utah is 8-2.
- The Jazz are 11-5 when they reach 100 points, while the Bucks are 11-4.
- The Jazz rank 22nd in second chance points per game (10.8) while the Bucks rank 29th (8.4).
- Utah ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while Milwaukee ranks 26th (24.3).
- The Bucks rank second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Jazz rank 16th (8.0).
- Neither of these teams are great at rebounding the ball. The Jazz are 27th in the league with 40.2 rebounds per game while the Bucks are last with 38.1 rebounds per game.
- Milwaukee ranks 11th in fast break points per game (12.0) while Utah ranks 25th (8.7).
- Milwaukee is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has been defeated by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 110.2 points per game (7.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average).