The Los Angeles Clippers (8-11) will be at home in Staples Center when they take on the Utah Jazz (10-11). Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Clippers ATS Preview
In the Jazz last outing, they dismantled the Denver Nuggets, 106-77. Derrick Favors was the games high scorer with 24 points on 12-for-16 shooting. The Jazz forced 17 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.510).
The Clippers hope to maintain momentum after defeating the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest, 120-115. Los Angeles received a boost from Lou Williams, who was the top scorer from either team with 42 points on 12-for-21 shooting. The Clippers made good use of their 30 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 28 of them (93.3 percent). The Lakers, on the other hand, were just 16-24 (66.7 percent).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Los Angeles. Los Angeles ranks 19th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Utah forces the second-most turnovers in the league (17.4 percent).
Of Utah’s 21 games, 11 have finished under the O/U total, while 10 of Los Angeles 19 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Jazz have a sizable advantage. They are 10-11 SU and 11-10 ATS, while the Clippers are 8-11 SU and 8-11 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 186 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 195. The Clippers won 102-84, covering as 5-point favorites. The Clippers dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.169 and a turnover percentage of 12.4. For those same stats, the Jazz were 0.114 and 17.7, respectively. DeAndre Jordan recorded a double-double with 11 points and 18 rebounds.
Utah Jazz vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank eighth in points in the paint per game (47.1) while the Jazz rank 27th (39.2).
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in rebounds per game (43.9) while Utah ranks 27th (40.3).
- Utah averages 20.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks second in the league. Los Angeles ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.1).
- On the road, Utah is 2-6 ATS with 4 overs, 3 unders and 1 push.
- Los Angeles is 4-5 ATS at home with 4 overs, 4 unders and 1 push.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Los Angeles is 5-1 and Utah is 7-2.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Jazz are 8-4 and the Clippers are 7-8.
- The Jazz rank second in assists allowed per game (18.2) while the Clippers rank 18th (23.2).
- Utah ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (8.0) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (12.5).
- The Jazz average 9.6 steals per game, which ranks second in the league. The Clippers rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The Clippers average 13.8 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Jazz rank 10th in second chance points allowed per game (11.1).
- Utah averages 5.7 blocks per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Los Angeles ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Clippers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 0.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 109.6 points per game (8.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 91.4 points per game (7.9 below their season average).