The Houston Rockets (1-0) will be 11.5-point favorites at home in game two of the Western Conference Semifinals when they go head-to-head with the Utah Jazz (0-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 204.5 points and action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
Utah Jazz at Houston Rockets ATS Odds
In game one, Harden led the Rockets to a 110-96 victory. He was the games top overall scorer with 41 points. The two teams combined to score 206 points, hitting the projected point total, and Houston covered as an 11.5-point favorite. The Rockets offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Jazz. Houston had a rate of 20.5, while Utah posted a mark of 14.6.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Houston takes on the stingy defense of Utah. The Rockets rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Jazz are first in defensive efficiency.
Of the Jazz’s 89 games, 45 have finished under the projected point total. Utah comes into the game with records of 52-37 straight up (SU) and 46-43 against the spread (ATS).
Rockets games tend to finish under the O/U total (55.7 percent). Further, Houston owns records of 70-18 SU and 45-41-2 ATS.
Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles have played well over the last five games for Utah. Mitchell has averaged 28.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game, while Ingles has recorded 14.4 points and 3.6 assists a game during that span.
Utah Jazz at Houston Rockets Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while the Rockets rank seventh (11.7).
- Utah ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.5) while Houston ranks 27th (48.1).
- The Rockets rank first in three pointers attempted per game (42.3) while the Jazz rank 13th (29.6).
- Houston ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8).
- Houston ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while Utah ranks 10th (4.6).
- The Rockets rank fifth in steals per game (8.4) while the Jazz rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (19.7) while the Rockets rank 11th (22.4).
- Utah ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.8) while Houston ranks fifth (42.2).
- Utah ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (10.0) while Houston ranks 15th (11.9).
- Utah is 37-7 when they allow under 100 points, while Houston is 34-3.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Jazz are 42-13 and the Rockets are 67-13.
- Houston is 20-24-1 ATS at home, while Utah is 22-23 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 24 of the Jazz’s 45 road games, while 24 of the Rockets 45 home games have gone under.
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Houston has 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push, while Utah has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.2 points per game (1.2 above their season average).