An 11-game road winning streak is on the line for the Utah Jazz (40-31), who will be 7.5-point favorites when they challenge the Dallas Mavericks (22-49) at American Airlines Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 198 points and it begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Utah Jazz at Dallas Mavericks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Mavericks fell to the New Orleans Pelicans, 115-105, while the Jazz were defeated by the Atlanta Hawks, 99-94.
Utah did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-25; 88.0 percent) while Dallas had a better turnover percentage (7.8 vs. 8.4). Dirk Nowitzki was a key piece for Dallas with 19 points. Utah, meanwhile, was lifted by Rudy Gobert, who had 15 points and 16 rebounds.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Dallas currently ranks 25th in possessions per game (97.6) and Utah is 28th (97.2).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Jazz games, with 39 unders compared to 31 overs. Utah holds records of 40-31 straight up (SU) and 38-33 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Utah, games involving the Mavericks have finished under the total 52.1 percent of the time. Further, Dallas is 22-49 SU and 36-35 ATS.
Gobert has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Utah, averaging 17.6 points, 12.8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game.
In their two contests this year, the Jazz have won both. The two teams combined to put up 187 points in their most recent game, which was well under the projected point total of 204.5. Utah won 97-90 but was unable to cover as a 10-point favorite. One of Utah’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Dallas had just 14. Mitchell was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points.
Utah Jazz at Dallas Mavericks Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank 21st in points in the paint per game (43.4) while the Mavericks rank last (38.8).
- Utah ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (9.9) while Dallas ranks 27th (14.2).
- The Jazz rank ninth in blocks per game (5.0) while the Mavericks rank 27th (3.7).
- Dallas ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.0) while Utah ranks 17th (16.6).
- Utah ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.6) while Dallas ranks 17th (29.5).
- The Jazz rank third in steals per game (8.7) while the Mavericks rank 24th (7.1).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (19.9) while the Mavericks rank 14th (23.2).
- Utah is 26th in the NBA with 10.6 second chance points per game while Dallas is 27th with 10.5 second chance points per game.
- Utah ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while Dallas ranks 26th (45.4).
- Dallas is 15-11 when they allow less than 100 points, while Utah is 28-6.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Mavericks are 16-25 and the Jazz are 31-11.
- Dallas is 17-19 ATS at home, while Utah is 18-17 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 18 of the Jazz’s 35 road games, while 19 of the Mavericks’ 36 home games have gone under.
- The Jazz are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Mavericks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Utah has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Dallas has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.4, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 103.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (5.4 above their season average).