The Chicago Bulls (6-20) will be at home in United Center when they challenge the Utah Jazz (13-14). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Utah Jazz vs. Chicago Bulls Odds Preview
The Jazz were beaten by the Milwaukee Bucks in their last contest, 117-100. Utah’s Rudy Gobert put together a good game, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Milwaukee had a better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 14.8). Utah, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (26-37; 70.3 percent).
The last time the Bulls played, they dismantled the Boston Celtics, 108-85. Chicago was lifted by Nikola Mirotic, who was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Chicago dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 (above their season average of 0.141) and a turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 12.4). Boston recorded marks of 0.108 and 14.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Based on historical performance heading into this one, ball protection could play an integral role in this battle. Chicago commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the league (turnover percentage of 13.4 percent), while the pesky defense of Utah forces the second-most (opponents turnover percentage of 16.9 percent). Also, the Jazz rank 22nd in offensive rebounding percentage (20.2 percent), while the Bulls rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (81.0 percent).
Of Utah’s 27 games, 13 have finished over the O/U total, while 15 of Chicago’s 26 games have finished under the O/U total. The Jazz hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 13-14 SU and 15-12 ATS, while the Bulls are 6-20 SU and 12-11-3 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Jazz, it’s been Donovan Mitchell, who has averaged 28.6 points, 4.0 assists and 1.4 steals, while the Bulls have gotten great contributions from Kris Dunn (15.2 points, 8.0 assists, 5.4 rebounds and 2.0 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 190 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 195.5. The Jazz won 110-80, covering as 9-point favorites. The Jazz played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.547. The Bulls were 15.6 and 0.404, respectively, for those same stats. Derrick Favors was the game’s top overall scorer with 23 points.
Utah Jazz at Chicago Bulls Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the Bulls rank 26th (3.7).
- Utah ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.7) while Chicago ranks 14th (42.8).
- Utah ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.2) while Chicago ranks 22nd (30.1).
- Chicago ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (10.4) while Utah ranks 10th (11.4).
- Utah is 4-7 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 5-5-2 ATS at home.
- The Jazz have 6 overs, 4 unders and 1 push in 11 road games.
- The Bulls have 9 unders and 3 overs in 12 home games.
- Chicago is 3-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Utah is 8-2.
- The Jazz are 11-6 when they reach 100 points, while the Bulls are 5-6.
- The Bulls rank 10th in rebounds per game (44.5) while the Jazz rank 26th (40.0).
- Utah ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.6) while Chicago ranks 28th (13.7).
- The Jazz rank second in assists allowed per game (18.7) while the Bulls rank 26th (24.3).
- The Jazz rank second in fast break points allowed per game (8.4) while the Bulls rank 10th (10.6).
- Utah ranks second in steals per game (9.8) while Chicago ranks 23rd (6.9).
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Utah is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulls have outscored opponents by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Chicago has been defeated by an average of 8.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.2 points per game (1.3 above their season average).