The Houston Rockets (7-3) will have their hands full against the league’s top scoring defense when they challenge the Utah Jazz (5-4) at Toyota Center. Houston opened as a 6.5-point favorite while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 202 points. Action begins at at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets Free Preview
The Jazz fell to the Toronto Raptors, 109-100, in their last game. With 25 points on 9-for-20 shooting, Donovan Mitchell led Utah in scoring. Toronto had an effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.514). Utah, meanwhile, forced the Raptors into a turnover percentage of 16.1 (above their season average of 12.1).
The Rockets will look to maintain momentum after beating the Atlanta Hawks, 119-104, in their last contest. With 29 points on 8-for-15 shooting, James Harden was the top scorer from either team. Houston played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 20.4) and a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 14.0). For those same stats, Atlanta recorded marks of 12.5 and 16.8, respectively.
Points could be at a premium as two of the league’s best defenses battle. Houston ranks third in defensive efficiency (106.7) and Utah is fifth (103.6) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Utah games have finished under 55.6 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of games involving Houston have gone under. The Rockets hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (7-3 vs. 5-4), but the Jazz have been superior against the spread (ATS) (6-3 vs. 5-5).
The Jazz won two out of three matchups against the Rockets last season. In the most recent matchup, the Rockets won 111-102. The Rockets played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 3.7 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8. The Jazz were 12.6 and 14.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jazz rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while the Rockets rank 10th (48.4).
- Houston allows the second-fewest second chance points per game (13.3) while Utah ranks fifth (10.8).
- Houston ranks 20th in fast break points per game (15.4) while Utah ranks 25th (8.2).
- Houston ranks sixth in steals per game (8.2) while Utah ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- When allowing under 100 points, Houston is 24-1 and Utah is 42-11.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Rockets are 66-27 and the Jazz are 45-13.
- The Jazz rank first in rebounds allowed per game (40.6) while the Rockets rank sixth (44.2).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (40.6) while Utah ranks 20th (26.1).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (18.3) while the Rockets rank 13th (23.8).
- The Rockets average 18.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Jazz rank eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.5).
- Utah ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Houston ranks 14th (5.2).