The Houston Rockets (1-0) will be 6.5-point favorites at home in game two of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they meet the Utah Jazz (0-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets Betting Odds
In game one, Harden led the Rockets to a 122-90 win. He notched a double-double with 29 points and 10 assists. The two teams combined to put up 212 points, hitting the projected point total, and Houston covered as a 6.5-point favorite. The Rockets’ 9.1 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Jazz, who had a rate of 16.8.
A little over half of the Jazz’s games have finished under the total. Utah holds records of 50-33 straight up (SU) and 44-37-2 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Utah, games featuring the Rockets have a slight tendency to go under the O/U total (49.4 percent). Moreover, Houston is 54-29 SU and 41-39-3 ATS.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the productive offense of Houston takes on the top-notch defense of Utah. The Rockets rank second in offensive efficiency, while the Jazz are second in defensive efficiency. Also, the Jazz rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.218), while the Rockets rank 26th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.211).
Utah Jazz at Houston Rockets Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank second in fast break points allowed per game (11.4) while the Rockets rank 15th (13.8).
- Houston ranks fifth in steals per game (8.5) while Utah ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Jazz rank 12th in points in the paint per game (49.7) while the Rockets rank 29th (42.4).
- Houston ranks fifth in points off turnovers (18.1 per game) while Utah ranks 20th in points off turnovers allowed (17.0 per game).
- Utah ranks third in blocks per game (5.8) while Houston ranks 16th (5.0).
- The Jazz rank eighth in assists per game (25.9) while the Rockets rank 27th (21.3).
- The Jazz rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while the Rockets rank 16th (13.6).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (45.3) while Utah ranks 10th (33.9).
- Utah ranks 10th in rebounds per game (46.3) while Houston ranks 28th (42.1).
- When allowing below 100 points, Utah is 22-4 and Houston is 16-2.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Rockets are 51-20 and the Jazz are 48-20.
- Houston is 24-16-2 ATS at home, while Utah is 23-18-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Jazz’s 42 road games, they have 21 overs, 20 unders and 1 push.
- The Rockets have 22 overs, 18 unders and 2 pushes in 42 home games.
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Houston has 2 overs, 2 pushes and 1 under, while Utah has 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 127.4 points per game (13.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (6.1 below their season average).
- The Jazz have been outscored by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 4.8 points.