The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (15-17) square off against the New Orleans Privateers (15-16) in the College Basketball Invitational at Lakefront Arena. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. New Orleans Privateers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Privateers lost big to the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 85-63, while the Vaqueros were beaten by the Seattle Redhawks, 77-60.
UT Rio Grande Valley had a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 15.6) while New Orleans had a free throw rate of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.284). Makur Puou had a good game for New Orleans with 11 points and seven rebounds. Nick Dixon, meanwhile had a good outing for UT Rio Grande Valley, contributing 24 points.
It could be a sloppy game for the New Orleans offense. New Orleans ranks 344th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of UT Rio Grande Valley forces the 58th-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent).
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. New Orleans Privateers Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Over
- New Orleans ranks 55th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 301st (40.5).
- The Vaqueros rank 208th in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while the Privateers rank 307th (13.5).
- New Orleans averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 164th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Vaqueros average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 25th in the NCAA. The Privateers rank 209th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- New Orleans averages 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 97th in the NCAA. UT Rio Grande Valley ranks 239th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Privateers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vaqueros have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (6.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (2.7 above their season average).