The Mississippi State Bulldogs (8-1) can lengthen an eight-game home winning streak when they square off with the UT Martin Skyhawks (3-7) at Humphrey Coliseum. Mississippi State is a 16.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 139 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
UT Martin Skyhawks vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Skyhawks last contest, they dismantled the Cincinnati-Clermont Cougars, 127-92. With 34 points, 16 rebounds and 12 assists, Fatodd Lewis led the way for UT Martin with his zeroth triple-double this season. UT Martin played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 20.3) and a free throw rate of 0.132 (matching their season average). Cincinnati-Clermont was 22.8 and 0.067, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 65-50 loss to the No. 25 Cincinnati Bearcats in their last matchup. Aric Holman was Mississippi State’s leading scorer with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Cincinnati did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-16; 87.5 percent). Mississippi State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 (above their season average of 27.7).
UT Martin figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Skyhawks rank 20th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 percent), while Mississippi State ranks 221st in defensive rebounding percentage (70.3 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Games including these teams have a tendency to go under the projected point total. UT Martin games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while 80.0 percent of Mississippi State games have finished under. The Bulldogs have the superior straight up (SU) record (8-1 vs. 3-7), but the Skyhawks hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (3-3 vs. 1-4).
UT Martin Skyhawks at Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Skyhawks average 37.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 189th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Mississippi State ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.6) while UT Martin ranks 104th (3.4).
- Mississippi State ranks 36th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while UT Martin ranks 218th (15.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 100th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while the Skyhawks rank 253rd (27.0).
- Mississippi State ranks 41st in steals allowed per game (5.3) while UT Martin ranks 120th (6.4).