The LSU Tigers (3-2) will be at home in Pete Maravich Assembly Center when they clash against the UT Martin Skyhawks (1-5). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148.5 points with LSU set as a 12.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
UT Martin Skyhawks at LSU Tigers Betting Preview
The Skyhawks fell to the UMKC Kangaroos in their last matchup, 65-55. UT Martin’s Fatodd Lewis had eight points and 13 rebounds in the contest. UMKC did an excellent job of making free throws (7-10; 70.0 percent). UT Martin, meanwhile, held the Kangaroos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below the 31.6 mark opponents have averaged against UT Martin this season).
In the Tigers last matchup, they were beaten by the Marquette Golden Eagles, 94-84. Tremont Waters was the top scorer from either team with 39 points on 13-for-22 shooting. Marquette did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (31-35; 88.6 percent). LSU, on the other hand, held the Golden Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.6 (below their season average of 27.4).
This game should be a battle of contrasting styles. Dating back to last season, LSU has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (76th in possessions per game), while UT Martin has been more methodical (187th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Skyhawks rank ninth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.3 percent), while the Tigers rank 300th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.2 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. UT Martin games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while games including LSU have finished over 75.0 percent of the time. The Tigers hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 3-2 SU and 2-2 ATS, while the Skyhawks are 1-5 SU and 1-2 ATS.
UT Martin Skyhawks at LSU Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Skyhawks rank 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Tigers rank 155th (3.4).
- UT Martin averages 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. LSU ranks 191st in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- UT Martin ranks 56th in assists per game (15.3) while LSU ranks 278th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Skyhawks rank 93rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Tigers rank 269th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- UT Martin averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. LSU ranks 243rd in steals allowed per game (7.0).