The Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (6-6) will be at home in UTRGV Fieldhouse when they take on the UT Arlington Mavericks (7-3). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
UT Arlington Mavericks at Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Betting Preview
In the Mavericks last matchup, they fell to the FGCU Eagles, 85-78. With 25 points on 8-for-18 shooting, Kevin Hervey was the top scorer from either team. FGCU did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (19-23; 82.6 percent). UT Arlington, on the other hand, forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 15.3).
The Vaqueros will look to maintain momentum after beating the UC Irvine Anteaters in their last game, 73-59. With 23 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Nick Dixon was the top scorer from either team. The Vaqueros had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 17.1) and had a free throw rate of 0.323 (above their season average of 0.266).
The offense of Texas-Rio Grande Valley will face off against the top-notch defense of UT Arlington. The Vaqueros rank 289th in offensive efficiency, while the Mavericks are 67th in defensive efficiency. The Mavericks should have the advantage on that end of the court.
UT Arlington Mavericks at Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas-Rio Grande Valley, ATS Winner – Texas-Rio Grande Valley, O/U – Over
- The Mavericks average 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 27th in the NCAA. The Vaqueros rank 132nd in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- UT Arlington ranks third in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 71st (3.0).
- Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (18.3) while UT Arlington ranks 252nd (26.9).
- The Vaqueros rank 32nd in steals per game (8.1) while the Mavericks rank 192nd in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- UT Arlington ranks 100th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0) while Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 255th (39.9).
- The Vaqueros average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (9.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (7.8 below their season average).