The UNI Panthers (6-2) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of UT Arlington when they welcome the Mavericks (7-1) to McLeod Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 134.5 points with UNI set as a 3.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 7, 2017.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. UNI Panthers Odds Preview
In the Mavericks last outing, they defeated the North Texas Mean Green, 65-60. Kevin Hervey was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-15 shooting. The Mavericks had a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 18.6) and had a free throw rate of 0.345 (above their season average of 0.223).
The Panthers will look to keep it rolling after topping the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels in their last game, 77-68. With 30 points on 10-for-19 shooting, Bennett Koch was the games leading scorer. The Panthers had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 18.5) and had a free throw rate of 0.318 (above their season average of 0.179).
UNI might have trouble scoring as they square off against one of the nation’s best defenses. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, UT Arlington ranks 65th in defensive efficiency while the Panthers rank 325th in offensive efficiency.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring UT Arlington have finished over 57.1 percent of the time, while UNI games have gone under 60.0 percent of the time. The Mavericks come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-1 SU and 4-3 ATS, while the Panthers are 6-2 SU and 3-2 ATS.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. UNI Panthers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UT Arlington, ATS Winner – UT Arlington, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers rank 126th in steals per game (6.5) while the Mavericks rank 224th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- UNI ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while UT Arlington ranks 76th (3.0).
- UT Arlington ranks 35th in assists per game (16.2) while UNI ranks 307th (10.0).
- The Mavericks rank 46th in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Panthers rank 291st (31.7).
- UNI ranks 91st in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while UT Arlington ranks 301st in three pointers allowed per game (26.6).