The Creighton Bluejays (8-2) welcome the UT Arlington Mavericks (8-3) to CenturyLink Center Omaha as they attempt to extend their seven-game home winning streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 161 points with Creighton opening as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Preview
The Mavericks won big over the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros in their last matchup, 86-65. Kevin Hervey was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 13-for-25 shooting. UT Arlington dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8 (above their season average of 30.2) and a turnover percentage of 14.5 (better than their season average of 18.7). For those same stats, Texas-Rio Grande Valley put up marks of 17.0 and 19.2, respectively.
In the Bluejays last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 87-36. With 15 points on 5-for-8 shooting, Marcus Foster was the top scorer from either team. Creighton dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 5.5 (better than their season average of 13.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.619 (above their season average of 0.594). For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore was 19.7 and 0.282, respectively.
This matchup pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Creighton ranks ninth in offensive efficiency and UT Arlington is 52nd in defensive efficiency.
Of UT Arlington’s 8 games with betting action, four have finished over the projected point total, while 6 of Creighton’s 9 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (8-3 for UT Arlington; 8-2 for Creighton), but the Bluejays have the edge against the spread (ATS). Creighton is 6-3 ATS, while the Mavericks are 5-3.
Hervey has been playing at a high level over the last five games for UT Arlington, averaging 24.2 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
UT Arlington Mavericks vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – UT Arlington, O/U – Under
- The Bluejays average 40.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. The Mavericks rank 113th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- UT Arlington is eighth in the nation with 1.8 blocks allowed per game while Creighton is 57th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- Creighton ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while UT Arlington ranks 240th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- The Bluejays rank 45th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Mavericks rank 175th (7.6).
- UT Arlington ranks 20th in assists per game (17.6) while Creighton ranks 117th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- The Bluejays average margin of victory in their last five games has been 24.8, up from 18.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (5.0 below their season average).