The USC Upstate Spartans (4-10) will attempt to end their nine-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head against the No. 25 Creighton Bluejays (9-2), who look to prolong their eight-game home winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
USC Upstate Spartans at Creighton Bluejays ATS Preview
The Spartans defeated the College of Coastal Georgia Mariners in their last game, 83-75. With 13 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, Malik Moore had a good game for USC Upstate. USC Upstate dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.164) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.654 (above their season average of 0.512). For those same stats, College of Coastal Georgia recorded marks of 0.129 and 0.540, respectively.
In the Bluejays last matchup, they beat the UT Arlington Mavericks, 90-81. Creighton rallied around Marcus Foster, who was the games high scorer with 32 points on 12-for-20 shooting. Creighton played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.217 (below their season average of 0.219) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.2 (below their season average of 26.6). UT Arlington had marks of 0.085 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Creighton could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Bluejays rank 15th in offensive efficiency, while USC Upstate ranks 311th in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Spartans, who rank 307th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.171), will clash against the Bluejays, who rank 45th in opponents FTA rate (0.184).
Creighton is 9-2 SU and 6-4 ATS. Of the Bluejays 10 games with betting action, seven have finished over the total.
Foster has been exceptional over the last five games for Creighton, averaging 18.6 points per game.
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Creighton Bluejays Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Under
- The Spartans rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Bluejays rank 73rd (3.1).
- Creighton averages 18.9 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. USC Upstate ranks 216th in assists allowed per game (19.3).
- The Bluejays rank 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while the Spartans rank 182nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- Creighton averages 40.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 27th in the NCAA. USC Upstate ranks 186th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Bluejays average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.2, up from 17.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).