The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (4-2) will be at home in Kimmel Arena when they go head-to-head with the USC Upstate Spartans (3-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
USC Upstate Spartans vs. UNC Asheville Bulldogs Free Preview
The Spartans got blown out by the Campbell Fighting Camels in their last game, 93-74. USC Upstate’s Malik Moore had a good performance, finishing with 16 points and five rebounds. Campbell did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (17-23; 73.9 percent). USC Upstate, meanwhile, held the Fighting Camels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.0 (below their season average of 24.5).
The last time the Bulldogs played, they blew out the Wofford Terriers, 85-65. UNC Asheville was lifted by MaCio Teague, who was the teams leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-12 shooting. UNC Asheville dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 30.7) and a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 21.8). Wofford put up marks of 12.9 and 18.7, respectively, for those same stats.
UNC Asheville should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bulldogs rank 97th in offensive efficiency, while the Spartans rank 280th in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Bulldogs won the sole game against the Spartans last season, 73-57. The Bulldogs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.1 and a free throw rate of 0.179. The Spartans were 22.5 and 0.146, respectively, for those same stats.
USC Upstate Spartans vs. UNC Asheville Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans rank 77th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Bulldogs rank 253rd (34.2).
- USC Upstate ranks third in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while UNC Asheville ranks 115th (3.2).
- UNC Asheville averages 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. USC Upstate ranks 297th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- The Spartans rank 15th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while the Bulldogs rank 216th (19.9).
- UNC Asheville ranks sixth in steals per game (9.3) while USC Upstate ranks 196th (5.8).