The USC Upstate Spartans (5-14, 0-2 Asun) can put an end to a 12-game road losing streak when they meet the Stetson Hatters (9-9, 1-1 Asun) at Edmunds Center. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Stetson Hatters Betting Preview
In the Spartans last contest, they fell to the FGCU Eagles, 75-58. Jure Span put together a good performance for USC Upstate, finishing with 11 points and five assists. FGCU had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.3 vs. 23.9). USC Upstate, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.091 vs. 0.077).
The Hatters hope to keep it rolling after defeating the NJIT Highlanders in their last game, 80-67. Stetson was lifted by Divine Myles, who was the teams leading scorer with 20 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Hatters, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.500, had a fantastic mark of 0.632 and had a better turnover percentage (14.9 vs. 16.9).
Stetson should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Stetson ranks 11th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.6 percent), while USC Upstate forces the 80th-fewest turnovers (17.8 percent). ,This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Hatters won 83-72. The Hatters dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.519 and a turnover percentage of 14.4. The Spartans had marks of 0.177 and 18.8, respectively, for those same stats.
USC Upstate Spartans at Stetson Hatters Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – USC Upstate, ATS Winner – USC Upstate, O/U – Under
- The Hatters rank 185th in rebounds per game (34.8) while the Spartans rank 261st (31.3).
- USC Upstate ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Stetson ranks 52nd (5.7).
- USC Upstate averages 29.8 three pointers per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. Stetson ranks 156th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The Hatters average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 99th in the NCAA. The Spartans rank 240th in assists allowed per game (19.1).
- USC Upstate ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Stetson ranks 97th (3.7).
- The Hatters average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average).