The USC Upstate Spartans (6-19, 1-7 Asun) can snap a 14-game road losing streak when they meet the Kennesaw State Owls (6-17, 2-6 Asun) at KSU Convocation Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Kennesaw State Owls ATS Preview
The last time the Spartans played, they fell to the Lipscomb Bisons, 110-106. With 39 points on 13-for-25 shooting, Deion Holmes was the top scorer from either team. Lipscomb did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (34-47; 72.3 percent). USC Upstate, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 15.0).
The Owls are trying to rebound after their 74-71 loss to the NJIT Highlanders in their last outing. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, Kennesaw State’s Anthony Wilson had a good outing. NJIT did a fantastic job of making free throws (24-32; 75.0 percent). Kennesaw State, meanwhile, forced the Highlanders into a turnover percentage of 19.7 (above the 16.1 mark opponents have averaged against Kennesaw State this season).
Nick Masterson has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Kennesaw State, averaging 20.0 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Owls won 81-80. The Owls played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.383 and a great turnover percentage of 8.8. For those same stats, the Spartans were 0.217 and 13.0, respectively. Wilson scored a game-high 22 points.
USC Upstate Spartans at Kennesaw State Owls Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Kennesaw State, ATS Winner – Kennesaw State, O/U – Under
- The Owls rank 191st in rebounds allowed per game (36.1) while the Spartans rank 251st (38.4).
- USC Upstate is 17th in the nation with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while Kennesaw State is 52nd with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- USC Upstate ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (29.2) while Kennesaw State ranks 289th (15.1).
- The Owls average 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 120th in the nation. The Spartans rank 256th in assists allowed per game (18.8).
- USC Upstate ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Kennesaw State ranks 118th (6.3).
- The Owls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 87.0 points per game (11.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 93.6 points per game (9.6 above their season average).